Vitech is seeking an experienced Customer Support Specialist who will work hard to help evolve our support function, building upon our solid customer service reputation to deliver industry-leading reliable, intelligent, and proactive support to our customers. This is a mission-critical, front-line role helping business customers from across the globe successfully leverage our GENESYS™ and CORE™ software solutions in their life-changing systems design initiatives. To successfully build our team, we need a customer care champion who will develop a thorough command of our systems engineering software products and resources, nurture customer interactions to deliver first-class service, coordinate efforts to efficiently resolve issues and enhance the Vitech Experience, and share external feedback and support insights with team members.
Who is Vitech? We are a pioneer and industry leader in integrated model-based systems engineering solutions. After 28 years supporting the systems engineering community—including commercial and government organizations involved with some of the most complex and innovative programs around the world—we are poised to take our solution to the next level! Through our 2019 acquisition by Zuken Inc., a global provider of electrical and electronic design and data management solutions, we aim to connect systems engineering and detailed design capabilities in unprecedented ways, enabling a new era of product development and integration. To do so, we must continue to advance our state-of-the-art software while cultivating our user community and the ecosystem of third-party connectors and other resources at an ever-increasing pace.
Working at Vitech affords all team members the opportunity to contribute across the company – product definition, methodology, marketing, customer experience, and beyond. This is an opportunity to escape bureaucratic environments with their monotonous customer service processes and queues to make a real difference in an organization delivering mission critical tools that help change our world.
Robust collaboration with software engineers and other product experts at our headquarters in Blacksburg, Virginia, is critical to success in this role. This position may involve access to information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
Our customer support team is charged with enhancing the overall customer experience—overcoming challenges, transforming problems into opportunities, and maximizing customer benefit—to convert customers into Vitech champions and evangelists.
To thrive at Vitech, a Customer Support Specialist must:
- Develop and maintain a broad and technical knowledge of our software products and services, continually learning as our solution evolves
- Demonstrate critical thinking and conceptual problem solving to propose solutions to unstructured, and potentially unprecedented, issues
- Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and communicate technical issues effectively
- Handle multiple input streams while prioritizing new and ongoing continuing support cases following agreed upon approaches and service standards
- Communicate with customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner regardless of the circumstances
- Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns demonstrating empathy and a calming demeanor
- Minimize case escalation, striving for first-contact resolution
- Prepare accurate and timely documentation of interactions to maintain customer records
- Develop and maintain FAQ documents and other customer-facing resources
- Coordinate effectively with Vitech team members and affiliates to ensure professional and timely resolution of customer requests
- Embrace the plan-do-check-act cycle, recommending initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and individual and business performance
- Maintain and evaluate agreed-upon metrics and recommend improvement strategies to the Vitech Experience Council
- At least two years of technical support experience for business-to-business (B2B) software
- Technical degree / certificate from an accredited college (preferred, but not required)
- Ability to learn and apply technical product knowledge in the context of varying customer environments and use cases
- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with a desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability and desire to contribute to an evolving technical knowledge base and process framework
- Highly enthusiastic, positive minded, service-oriented individual
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining good customer rapport