Enabling your journey from concept to capability
See how GENESYS supports you from first statement of need to final verification and validation. Engineer successful outcomes with a solution that supports agility, enterprise-wide collaboration, scalability, and customization. Do it all with ease, in a robust environment designed by systems engineers for systems engineers.
Get a quick start by loading any requirements from documents, spreadsheets, and databases.
View your system from many perspectives with a rich library of diagrams automatically generated on demand with guaranteed consistency.
Customize and format views with powerful rule-based formatting, enhancing communication and analysis.
Elide content to focus attention on specific aspects of your system (e.g., hide everything but the data exchanges).
Specify, analyze, and communicate system behavior with your chosen blend of SysML and traditional notations.
Identify completeness and design integrity errors with embedded (and extensible) diagnostic checkers.
Manage the design-dependent variables that drive system performance with parameters and parametric diagrams.
Define and track verification, including requirements, test activities, and configurations.
Engage the greater project team, querying and updating system information directly from Microsoft Office.
Scale with projects, packages, access control, alerts … all the things you need to scale effectively.
What GENESYS can do for you
Full support from requirements through V&V
- Eliminate handoffs between system tools for improved quality and productivity
- Ensure consistency across your architecture and system interfaces
- Enjoy bi-directional traceability and enhanced impact analysis throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify and address concerns and risks as design progresses
- Reduce defects with embedded completeness and design integrity checkers
Enhanced architecture and simulation
- Expose, assess, and manage design-dependent variants that drive system performance
- Directly simulate system behavior as a virtual system prototype from day 1
- Identify system logic errors, performance issues, and resource contention
- Connect architecture to analytics for additional engineering rigor
V&V integrated with design
- Perform V&V at every stage of design
- Engineer your verification activities and planning, enhancing efficiency and reducing cost
- Conduct digital verification throughout design to improve and accelerate design
- Track verification status to know exactly where you stand at all times
Ease of use
- Leverage a modern UI in the language of systems by systems engineering for systems engineers
- Become productive faster with drag-drop model construction using your preferred diagrams
- Begin creating designs within an hour of installation
- Spend your time engineering as GENESYS maintains the bookkeeping aspects of completeness, consistency, and design integrity
- Be proficient in weeks, not months
Real-time collaborative engineering
- See changes as they are made with guaranteed data integrity
- Always work from the most up-to-date information—no check-in required
- Move with agility with alerts identifying changes of interest
- Get the control you need through permissions, baselining, packaging, and partitioning
- Expand access beyond systems engineering with connectors and an open API
Autogenerate diagrams and documents
- Leverage multiple diagram types for enhanced communication and analysis
- Generate any diagram on demand with guaranteed consistency
- Save time and avoid errors as GENESYS automatically updates all views
- Instantly generate industry-standard documentation with push-button ease
- Create your own report library to meet organizational needs
Full SysML support
- Use the full suite of 9 SysML diagrams underpinned by a proven systems metamodel
- Autogenerate and automatically update diagrams for guaranteed consistency
- Go beyond, with the mindset and capabilities of “SysML AND”
- Prepare for SysML v2 with the right SysML 1.x implementation today
Native DoDAF support
- Generate DoDAF views as a natural byproduct of good systems engineering
- Seamlessly integrate DoDAF viewpoints with requirements, analysis, and V&V
- Tailor and extend viewpoints where desired
- Generate views and work products on demand
- Validate your architecture with ease
- Enjoy tool sufficiency—no add-ons, plug-ins, or extra bells and whistles necessary
- Save money over the long haul by not having to purchase additional add-ons or having to design your own “fixes”
- Rely on GENESYS’ depth and robustness for each facet of systems engineering
Connectors to multiple environments
- Leverage Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Project connectors for enhanced access and productivity
- Connect to MATLAB, Simulink, and ModelCenter for additional analytical rigor
- Source initial requirements from or publish final specifications to DOORS
- Develop a connected engineering flow, feeding detail design with the system schematic
- Support your digital enterprise with an open architecture and an open ecosystem philosophy
Helping our Customers Succeed with MBSE
“With Vitech Software, you can visualize the traceability through multiple elements of the model, between strategic guidance and required functions, in one simple diagram.”
“Vitech tools allow us to gather all the data about the system and link it together to provide an integrated model. And the beauty of this model is that we can run a simulation so we can see how our system is working.”
“Having all the data in one database and capturing the ever-changing data and requirement and inputs was great. You can refresh the inputs and deal with them in an almost real-time situation.”
“By reusing our models, we met our challenging early systems engineering milestone goals and kept the program sold by convincing the customer of our solid systems engineering approach.”
“GENESYS is being utilized on multiple projects at Sandia and has been fundamental at assisting our business area’s cultural transformation to MBSE. Modeling in the tool helps bring together engineers from different disciplines to architect the system faster and identify issues that elsewise wouldn’t be discovered until later on in the project. The richness and precision of model-generated diagrams have facilitated crucial system engineering discussions which will certainly pay dividends throughout the project’s lifecycle.”
Bringing you unparalleled performance
Collaborative systems engineering
GENESYS has been designed specifically for collaborative teamwork—a must in today’s distributed work environment. The tool supports collaboration via concurrent contribution and live updating, so you can be assured that all team members are drawing data from the same source. With this real-time collaboration capability, you can accelerate your project with the confidence that your data reflects the most up-to-date information. Reduce barriers to entry to engage systems engineers and stakeholders alike. Gain huge efficiencies, knowing that completeness and consistency are ensured. Benefit from collective intelligence moving at the speed of thought.
Traceability throughout the lifecycle
A live, integrated design repository allows you to maintain a single source of truth for your system design—giving you consistent, reliable, automatic, deep traceability throughout the project lifecycle. Produce specifications and requirement traceability matrices quickly at any point throughout a project, knowing that your documents reflect the most current data. Ease your preparation for milestone reviews, generating the required artifacts on-demand. Accelerate change impact analysis with bi-directional traceability. GENESYS manages the bookkeeping aspects of systems engineering, instantly scoping the impact of a change so that you can respond effectively and deliver business value.
Autogenerate diagrams with style
Benefit from a powerful tool that provides you with a rich portfolio of representations, including the full suite of SysML diagrams. This comprehensive resource at your fingertips allows you to meet your audience where they are, whether it’s an internal audience of detailed engineers, or an external audience of stakeholders. Operate with confidence, knowing that all diagrams are automatically generated and maintained—ensuring consistency as your effort evolves. Communicate in formats that engage your audience. Focus attention through the effective use of color, and hide content without changing the design. Manually format a diagram for just the right touch, or use intuitive rule-based formatting to generate powerful visuals with ease. With GENESYS, you unlock rich styling for effective communication while automatically preserving the meaning and correctness of all views all the time—engineering substance with style.
Ease of use
Take advantage of an intuitive tool developed by systems engineers for systems engineers. Developing complex systems is hard enough. Your MBSE tool should support and simplify that work, not complicate it. Begin creating designs within an hour of unlocking your license. Construct and modify your design with the ease of drag-drop, hide information to highlight what you are interested in seeing, generate reports automatically, and customize your diagrams with formatting that suits your needs. Lower the barrier to entry and democratize good systems engineering with a powerful yet easy-to-use systems engineering tool.
Connect to office and engineering environments
GENESYS comes as a complete solution out of the box, and includes with it a set of connectors to other commonly-used programs, amplifying your effectiveness. Connectors to software such as Excel, DOORS, MATLAB, Simulink, and ModelCenter allow you to extend your analysis while collaborating with others in their tool of choice. Securely move information between programs as you wish, leveraging the open architecture of GENESYS to establish your system source of truth. All users are able to work on the parts they need in the manner they wish, knowing that their part is integrated into the greater whole.
Full SysML support
GENESYS supports the full suite of SysML diagrams, allowing you to meet SysML standards whether SysML is your chosen representation or a tool for specialist communication. Smoothly transition between capturing behavior with an activity diagram, assessing logical interfaces with a sequence diagram, analyzing the implementation in an internal block diagram, and validating the model using simulation—all while ensuring consistency and completeness throughout. Prepare for the increased semantic rigor of SysML v2 tomorrow with strong system semantics coupled with SysML v1.x representations today.
Scalability and tailorability
With GENESYS, you can easily address problems both large and small, rapidly scaling up when necessary. As you scale, you can have confidence that your design integrity will hold, as it is securely anchored in a robust metamodel. Move with agility as you rapidly innovate. Every change and concern are recorded in the model as your design develops. The approach, metamodel, and tool can easily be tailored to your methodology as you scale across team, time, and program.