Vitech is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Applications Engineer to support multiple account executives in pre-sales communication of the technical and business value of Vitech products and solutions to engineers, managers, and executives. The emphasis is the materials, demonstrations, and evaluations needed by prospective customers in order to mature sales opportunities into successful deployments. Leverage your unique blend of technical and people skills to engage prospects on the benefits of our technology, scope the proper solution to meet their needs, facilitate their adoption of our solutions, and maintain customer contact beyond the sale to assess evolving client needs.
Who is Vitech? We are a pioneer and industry leader in integrated model-based systems engineering solutions. After 28 years supporting the systems engineering community—including commercial and government organizations involved with some of the most complex and innovative programs around the world—we are poised to take our solution to the next level! Through our 2019 acquisition by Zuken Inc., a global provider of electrical and electronic design and data management solutions, we aim to connect systems engineering and detailed design capabilities in unprecedented ways, enabling a new era of product development and integration. To do so, we must continue to advance our state-of-the-art software while cultivating our user community and the ecosystem of third-party connectors and other resources at an ever-increasing pace.
Beyond the direct responsibilities of the Senior Applications Engineer role, working at Vitech affords all team members the opportunity to contribute across the company – product definition, methodology, customer interaction, and beyond. This is an opportunity to escape bureaucratic environments and narrowly defined roles and have real influence in an organization delivering mission critical tools that help change our world.
The Senior Applications Engineer will report to the VP of Business Development. Domestic travel will be required in order to work with customers across North America. Some international travel may also be required to share Vitech’s methodology and approaches at industry events and in support of global customers and value-added resellers. Robust collaboration with team members in sales, marketing, operations, and professional services is critical to success in this role.
Responsibilities include developing and supporting specific territory and account plans, identifying and qualifying candidate customers, and providing customer presentations, both in-person and via remote web session. To thrive at Vitech, an Applications / Sales Engineer must:
- Identify solution-based value propositions utilizing Vitech’s GENESYS MBSE software platform, and generate materials and examples that resonate within engineering enterprises. The efforts will encompass the full range of systems engineering domains; requirements engineering, behavioral decomposition, logical architecture development, physical architecture trade-off analysis, and verification/validation.
- Confidently manage technical discussions and projects across the spectrum of detailed design engineering disciplines that may interact with the GENESYS MBSE solution such as electrical, mechanical, software and others. Interoperability with all forms of design tools in partnership with other engineering tool suppliers is of increasing importance, and developing a deep comprehension of the best-known methods to interface our systems design software with other design tools will become game-changing.
- Serve as a resource to customers and other sales team members, aspiring to become a trusted advisor and advocate, and seeking to position both internal and external customers to successfully apply our approaches.
- Engage corporate resources – including professional services, support, marketing, and the executive team – to strengthen the message that best connects with a given client or set of clients.
- Collaborate with our marketing team and contribute intellectual resources including blogs, webinars, white papers, and website content to expand our market.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and our product and customer care teams to report feedback, provide appropriate support for technical issues, and impact the future direction of Vitech products and services.
- Have an entrepreneurial style and drive, being proactive to build user trust and deploy the Vitech solution to address our clients’ needs.
The successful Senior Applications Engineer will possess:
- An engineering degree from an accredited college with 3+ years of professional experience
- Prior systems engineering / system architecting / model-based systems engineering experience in real-world projects
- A proven ability to multitask and follow-through, working with and tracking multiple projects of different scope and maturity across multiple organizations
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- High goal orientation, attention to detail, passion for sophisticated customer engagements, and superior listening skills
- S. citizenship, or other lawful classification as a “U.S. person” under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
The following experience – while optional – will help position you for immediate success:
- Prior experience with systems and/or software engineering tools
- Experience applying DoDAF and other architecture frameworks to processes and procedures
- Familiarity with SysML and/or UPDM
- Specific experience delivering engineering services in a competitive marketplace