Position: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Education: Technical degree preferred
Experience: 3+ years in software quality assurance
Location: USA, Flexible
Vitech is seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer to expand our development team. This position provides the opportunity to implement and improve the full test suite for our latest software product line including functional, integration, usability, regression, and performance testing using both manual and automated toolsets. With corporate support, the QA engineers work alongside software engineers using test driven development to release high quality, high end products for commercial use.
Working at Vitech affords all team members the opportunity to contribute across the company – product definition, methodology, customer interaction, and beyond. This is an opportunity to escape bureaucratic environments focused on internal software to make a real difference in an organization delivering mission critical tools that help change our world.
Robust collaboration with software engineers and product experts at our headquarters in Blacksburg, Virginia, is critical to success in this role. This position may involve access to information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and preference will be given to U.S. citizens, Green Card holders, and or other U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
To thrive at Vitech, a Software Quality Assurance Engineer must:
- Engage with the business champion and development team from requirements through design and development to ensure an appropriate black box and white box level of understanding
- Develop test plans, estimates, and schedules
- Execute individual tests and manage the overall test suite
- Document and measure test results, logging defects into the tracking system and coordinating resolution with the development team
- Execute smoke tests to verify overall product quality prior to major and minor releases
- Actively participate in the plan-do-check-act cycle, recommending process and methodology improvements as part of a learning organization
- Maintain a willing and flexible attitude, assuming duties as required to contribute to team success
- Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task within an agile environment and communicate technical issues efficiently to an enthusiastic, passionate team
The successful Software Quality Assurance Engineer will have:
- At least three years of practical software quality assurance experience
- Experience with formal software testing paradigms and software lifecycles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- A strong desire to work as part of a greater development team and larger organization to deliver needed capabilities to our clients
- A passion for quality!
The following qualifications are not required but would position you for even greater success at Vitech:
- A technical degree from an accredited college (software quality assurance is a technical field and our software services a highly technical systems engineering marketplace);
- Prior experience with agile development and the scrum methodology;
- Prior experience with automated testing using the .NET framework; and
- Knowledge of C# or VB.NET.
Vitech offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and all employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.