Digital Engineering Basics: Product Model Creation Using MBSE
As Digital Engineering continues to gain momentum, the question of how to define a useful product architecture becomes critical. In concert with Zuken, Vitech presents this first webinar as part of a three-part series exploring the digital engineering development process using a video drone example. Using Vitech’s GENESYS software, a system context is defined that includes the drone, remote control, a phone app, a GPS satellite, and the operating environment. You’ll see how the entire scope of the project is captured, along with key design variables that drive technical performance and overall business value.
- A systems engineering approach to defining a useful product architecture
- How product requirements are incorporated in the product model
- The value of modeling the system context and use cases to elicit and understand product requirements and interfaces
- The construction of an architecture that supports robust, detailed design
- The use of SysML diagrams and rich visualizations for building and reviewing the product model
- Ways to expose the product model to others in a format tailored to their needs