Schema and Metamodels and Ontologies, Oh My!
Presenter: David Long
Over the last five years, there has been a growing fascination with conceptual data models, metamodels, and ontologies in systems engineering. Practitioners have begun to develop their own conceptual data models and ontologies. But often, as systems engineers experiment with these capabilities, they develop custom languages for their projects without the greater depth or consideration necessary to connect enterprise practices. In this webinar, David Long explains how to properly leverage these ideas to advance your projects and your enterprise.
- Reusable Lists and Specializations of Failure Modes
- What differentiates the concepts of data models, metamodels, and ontologies, and why you should care.
- About the fundamental information model that underpins systems engineering, and how it lives implicitly in the process standards that guide our practice.
- Why it’s important to move from implicit to explicit knowledge capture.
- How not to fall into the trap of “define and use.”